Mayor Manny Cid is a 30-year resident of Miami Lakes. He is the Owner of Mayor’s Café – Miami Lakes and a Guest Lecturer for the Mustangs Civics Academy.
Mayor Cid has an Associates in Arts from Miami Dade College in Political Science and a Bachelors in Arts from St. Thomas University in Organizational Leadership.
Mayor Cid served Miami Lakes residents as the Senior Legislative Aide to two State Representatives and served on the town's Youth Activities Task Force and Economic Development Committee.
During his seven years as a Sr. Legislative Aide in the Florida House of Representatives, he successfully worked on important pieces of legislation- such as the "Carbon Monoxide Safety Law" and a bill which helped Florida International University recruit a new Medical School Faculty. Additionally, while in the State Capitol, he worked on various appropriations for Miami Lakes residents including funds for the Town of Miami Lakes Bull Run Roadway and Drainage Improvement project.
Elected in 2012 to the Miami Lakes Council and subsequently selected as Vice-Mayor in August 2013. In November 2016, Manny was elected Mayor of the Town of Miami Lakes. In November of 2020, Mayor Cid became the first Mayor in Miami Lakes histoy to win reelction unnoppossed.
He is also a graduate of the Institute for Elected Municipal Officials (IEMO) I, II, III & IV. The educational program is sponsored by the Florida League of Cities and the John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government.
Successfully sponsored initiatives:
- Live webcasting of Town Council meetings
- Performance-Based Budgeting (3-year implementation beginning in FY 2013-2014)
- Miami Lakes Sports Hall of Fame (Funded by a private donation)
- Tequesta Indian Artifacts display (Madden's Hammock)
- E-Library Pilot Program
- First City in Florida to accept and play pre-recorded video public comments during municipal meetings
- Elimination of Alarm Registration Fees
- Online Lost and Found Pets Portal
- Complete Streets Integration into 2015 Miami Lakes Strategic Plan
- Brought millions of dollars’ worth of infrastructure projects while reforming the County’s road impact fee process. (Road Impact fees have funded: Adaptive Signalization, Proposed Park & Ride at the Par 3 and the widening of 67th avenue under the palmetto)
- Championed a changed to the Miami-Dade County Charter that allows municipalities the ability to manage special taxing districts
- Pushed for a changed in the County’s half-cent sales tax ordinance that saved Miami Lakes taxpayers $75,000 on a yearly basis
- Anti-Human Traficking Ordinance
- First Municipality in the Nation to accept Live Remote Public Comments from anywhere in the world.
Successfully advocated for:
- Reserve Officer Program
- Town of Miami Lakes School Crossing Guard Initiative
- Royal Oaks Park Playground Shade Canopy
- Sunday On-Demand Bus Service
- Work with County Commissioner Steve Bovo to secure funding for Miami Lakes Senior Programs.
- Worked to find funding for the Economic Development Committee first trade show at the International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Reformed the process by which developments mitigate traffic impact. The first municipality in South Florida to adopt a mobility ordinance. (Mobility ordinance has funding: Oak Lane three way stop reconfiguration, Windmill Gate widening, Repaving of Miami Lakeway South, Design of the underpasses at NW 160th and NW 146th, and the Study of the 154th and 170th bridges)
- Picnic Park West Shade Canopy over swings
- Florida League of Cities- Growth Management & Economic Development Committee (2012 served as a member and 2013 as Vice-Chair)
- Chair, FLC Growth Management & Economic Development Committee (2014) appointed by FLC President Lori Moseley (Mayor, City of Miramar)
- Miami Dade League of Cities Budget Committee 2014
- Florida League of Cities Advocacy Committee 2013- present
- Chair, Mother of Our Redeemer Catholic School Board 2014 - present
- Member, Educational Excellence School Advisory Council - Bob Graham Educational Center 2014- present
- Miami Dade League of Cities Legislative Committee 2014- present
- 2015 Florida League of Cities - Resolutions Committee
- 2016 Member, National League of Cities Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- Member, Monsignor Pace High School Board of Trustees – 2017 - present
- Member, Long Range Transportation Program Steering Committee
Awards & Recognitions:
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2015 Home Rule Hero Award
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2016 Home Rule Hero Award
- Recipient of the 2017 Ana G Mendez University Presidential Medal
- Office Phone: (305) 364-6100 Mobile Phone: (786) 759-9207
- Fax Number: (305) 558-8511
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org