For Immediate Release
Janurary 31, 2019
Contact: Clarisell De Cardenas
Town seeks Nomination for 2019 Women of Distinction Awards
The Nomination Applications can be found at http://bit.ly/2019WomenDistinctionNomination and must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 19th.
The award categories are:
• Arts: Woman who has contributed to the cultural life of the community through theatre, dance, music, art, or literature.
• Business: Professional woman in a position as owner, CEO, or high-level manager of a business or industry.
• Community and Civic Affairs: A leader, supervisor, administrator, manager, or member who has made a contribution to the community.
• Education: A woman educator, administrator, or director of a public or private institution of learning who has been outstanding in the field.
• Government: Woman who has made an outstanding contribution to the community through her work in or with local government.
• Health Services: Individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the health services field.
• Humanitarian: An outstanding woman who has contributed to the community. This individual may or may not be affiliated with a commercial, professional, or non-profit agency or group.
• Volunteer: A woman who has made an outstanding contribution in serving the needs of others.
The winners will be recognized at the Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon on Saturday, March 30th from 11 AM to 1 PM at the Roberto Alonso Community Center, located 16500 NW 87th Avenue.
Reservations for are required at toml.eventbrite.com and there is reservation fee of $5.
For more information about the Cultural Affairs Committee and their events or for sponsorship information, please visit www.miamilakes-fl.gov/cac or contact:
Committees and Special Events Coordinator
Tel: (305) 364-6100