For Immediate Release
October 8, 2019
Contact: Clarisell De Cardenas
Miami Lakes, FL -The Town of Miami Lakes Police Division reminds citizens to "Lock It or Lose It". Many property crimes can be prevented by simply locking home doors, garage doors, windows, and vehicle doors.
Here are a few crime prevention tips to help keep us from becoming the victim of a burglary or theft:
• Remember to always secure your car doors when parking your vehicle, even for just a few minutes. It takes just a matter of seconds to enter an unsecured vehicle.
• Do not leave valuables, such as purses, cell phones, portable radios, packages, etc. in plain view inside your vehicle. Secure them in a glove box, center console, or even better in the trunk. Thieves will search other vehicles that are easier targets if they do not see anything of value in your car.
• Park in well lighted areas at night. Light is an enemy of thieves.
• Keep your garage door closed and locked at night. Many burglaries to garages occur with doors left wide open. An open garage door is an invitation to a thief to take anything in sight.
• Be suspicious of anyone approaching your vehicle or roaming your neighborhood.