For Immediate Release
October 25, 2013
Contact: Clarisell DeCardenas
Welcome Home Vietnam Veteran's Poster Contest
Attention Parents! Here's a chance for your child to receive a scholarship to the University/College they are planning on attending after graduation.
• The Miami-Dade County Military Affairs Board, Miami-Dade Commissioner Jose "Pepe" Diaz, and the Hershey Company are sponsoring a poster contest for Senior High School Seniors, 12th graders.
The theme of the poster contest is: Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
Please see below and the attachment for contest details and additional information.
• NAME: Hershey's Scholarship Award's High School Poster Contest
• THEME: Golden Veterans Parade – Welcome Back Vietnam Vets
• PRIZES: 1st prize: $2500; 2nd prize: $1500; 3rd prize: $750; and up to 5 Honorable mentions for $250 (Scholarship funds given to the University/College that the Senior will be attending)
• DEADLINE: October 30th, 2013: All posters are to be delivered to the Stephen P. Clark Government Center, 111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33128 on or before the October 30, 2013 deadline to Miami-Dade County Commissioner, Jose "Pepe" Diaz's office.
• WINNERS ANNOUNCED: November 7th, 2013 at the Stephen P. Clark Government Center (Lobby) 111 NW 1st Street, Miami FL 33128.
Posters must include the statement "Welcome Back" and illustrate the idea of a community united in gratitude for our Vietnam Veterans.
Each poster must be the work of one student.
The poster concept and design and any photos or artwork used must be the original work of the student entering.
Posters must be 16 x 20 inches in size, including border or mat, if used.
If charcoal, pastels or glitter are used, the poster must be either laminated or covered with clear plastic.
The following information must be included on the back of the poster: student's name, mailing address, e-mail (if available), phone number, school, school address, teacher's name and grade.
Please do not include glass, tacks, staples or any other breakable or sharp objects with entry.
Posters must be turned in to the school's assigned teacher.
Posters will be judged on overall impact, effectiveness in conveying the theme, originality and artistic merit. Judges' decisions are final.
Prizes will be awarded to the school on behalf of the student.
All entries become the property of Miami Dade County's Military Affairs Board.
Please see the attachment for additional information.
• Please direct all inquiries to:
o Andrenella Dielingen at the district office of Commissioner José "Pepe" Díaz to 305.599.1200 or AndrenellaD@miamidade.gov.