The Town of Miami Lakes looks forward to celebrating and supporting your business!
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are typically held Tuesday-Thursdays between 9:00-6:00 p.m. While the Town works hard to accommodate scheduling preferences of businesses, we must also consider the availability of Staff and Town Officials to ensure a successful event. For this reason, we only guarantee Town participation in ribbon cutting ceremonies with a minimum 2-week notice and our expressed prior confirmation of the date. Ideally, it is best to work with the Town before selecting your date.
The ceremony itself runs anywhere from 15-20 minutes. After the ribbon is cut and pictures are taken, welcoming remarks are given by Mayor or his designee followed by an opportunity for a representative of the business to speak. The Town does not require RSVP’s to attend ribbon cuttings. Attendance at ribbon cutting ceremonies varies depending on the time and date selected and how much promotion is done on behalf of the business.
Ribbon Cutting ceremonies are typically held for the following occasions:
• Welcoming a New Business to Miami Lakes (can be held up to 6 months after opening)
• Celebrating a major renovation or remodel
• Breaking ground on a new development
To make your ceremony a success, the Town will:
• Arrange for the Town Mayor and Town Officials to appear
• Provide scissors and ribbon for the ceremony
• Take pictures and video which will be posted on the Town’s social media
• Send post-event press release to media (no guarantee of coverage)
To make your ceremony a success, you might consider:
• Inviting friends, family, customers, etc.
• Designating a representative in advance to give remarks at the ribbon cutting
• Providing tours at the event
• Placing businesses cards and/or brochures around common area
• Serving light snacks and/or beverages (optional)
To schedule a ribbon cutting contact Joseph Sosa at email@example.com or at (305) 364-6100.