For Immediate Release
February 10, 2017
Contact: Nicole Singletary
Miami Lakes, FL - The Town of Miami Lakes and its Cultural Affairs Committee are seeking nominations for its Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon in honor of Women’s History Month.
The awards categories are:
• Arts: Woman who has contributed to the cultural life of the community through theatre, dance, music, art or literature.
• Business: Professional woman in a position as owner, CEO or high-level manager of a business or industry.
• Community and Civic Affairs: A leader, supervisor, administrator, manager or member who has made a contribution to the community.
• Education: A woman educator, administrator or director of a public or private institution of learning who has been outstanding in the field.
• Government: Woman who has made an outstanding contribution to the community through her work in or with local government.
• Health Services: Individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the health services field.
• Humanitarian: An outstanding woman who has made a contribution to the community. This individual may or may not be affiliated with a commercial, professional or non-profit agency or group.
• Volunteer: A woman who has made an outstanding contribution in serving the needs of others.
The Nomination Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on February 21st to Clarisell De Cardenas, Community Engagement & Outreach Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winners will be announced at the Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon on Saturday, March 4 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Mary Collins Community Center located at 15151 NW 82 Avenue. For reservations please contact Clarisell De Cardenas via email at email@example.com or at (305) 364-6100.