Across the span of thirty plus years, the Town of Miami Lakes has saluted Veterans with the longest running parade in all of Miami-Dade County. This year, the Town and its Veterans Affairs Committee will host its 39th Annual Veterans Day Parade on Sunday, November 11th at 10 AM to 12 PM. For Free Tickets, www.toml.eventbrite.com.
The parade can be viewed from multiple locations along Ludlam Road from Bull Run Road to Eagles Nest. Join the Town of Miami Lakes as we honor true American heroes; our veterans and active-duty military. Parade watchers are encouraged to show their support by wearing red, white and blue, as well as by waving flags as the parade participants go by.
Sponsorship Package Information: Is your business interested in marketing at event that celebrates and honors our armed services with drawing over 2,000 people? Take an opportunity to show your appreciation and be recognized as a sponsor at this very special event!
• Become a sponsor today by visiting http://bit.ly/2018VCParadeSponsorship
Grand Marshal Nomination Information: The Town is extending an opportunity to the community to nominate a deserving individual to be the Grand Marshal. The selection of the Grand Marshal will be determined by the Town’s Veterans Committee at their October meeting. The criteria is the following:
• Be in good standing in the community.
• Be persons who have displayed outstanding service, pride and commitment to the community, county, state and/or country.
• Be able and willing to carry out the function of the Grand Marshal for the Parade.
• Proof of Honorable Service in the Armed Forces is required.
• Please visit http://bit.ly/2018VCGrandMarshallParade for the nomination form and nominations are due by Monday, October 15th.
Parade Participation Information: Is your organization or group interested in being a part of longest running Miami-Dade County patriotic tribute honoring our active duty and retired military members for their dedication and service to our country?
• Please visit http://bit.ly/2018VetParadeParticipant to register and the deadline to register is Monday, October 29, 2018.
CONTACT: William Sanchez
Committees and Special Events Coordinator
Tel: (305) 364-6100