Councilmember, Seat 4
Councilman Josh Dieguez came to Miami Lakes as an infant when his parents moved into the Lake Sarah area in 1989. He has not only chosen to continue living here but also has spent much of his adult life giving back to the community where he grew up and which he loves.
Prior to his election in 2018, he served as a member of the Neighborhood Improvement Committee (NIC) and Elderly Affairs Committee (EAC), even serving as Chairman for three years of the NIC. In that time, Councilman Dieguez was instrumental in establishing the Community Bike Ride and has been a strong advocate for beautification projects, traffic relief, and protecting our senior programs. He is a member and Director of the Miami Lakes Bar Association—an organization co-founded by his father, Anthony Dieguez, who also served as its Founding President. The Councilman has also served on the Charter Revision Commission where he successfully sponsored proposals to enhance good government practices.
As a member of the Council, Dieguez seeks to protect and enhance the quality of life Miami Lakers have come to love and expect by focusing on financial responsibility, prioritizing traffic and infrastructure improvements, enhancing beautification, and seeking opportunities within the business community to enhance entertainment and dining options in Miami Lakes.
Councilman Dieguez graduated cum laude from Florida International University with a double major in Political Science and History and graduated with his Juris Doctor degree and a Certificate in Environmental Sustainability from St. Thomas University. He practices law at his family’s law firm, which is located in Miami Lakes.
Organizations and Board Memberships
• 2021 – present, Miami-Dade County Redistricting Advisory Board
• 2018 – present, Cuban American Bar Association
• 2018 – present, Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section and Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
• 2016 – present, Miami Lakes Bar Association (Board Member, 2018-2021; Vice President, 2022)
• 2016, Charter Revision Commission
• 2014 – 2018, Elderly Affairs Committee
• 2013 – 2018, Neighborhood Improvement Committee (Chair, 2013-2016)