Code Compliance FAQ

Code Compliance FAQ

November 9, 2023

What should I do if I receive a Citation?

It is important to make contact with the Officer noted on the Citation; you may contact the Officer by calling 305-512-7130.

If I receive a Warning of Violation and do not have sufficient time to comply, can I request an extension?

Yes, you may request an extension of time for a Warning of Violation. Your request must be made in writing and addressed to the Code Officer (Contact Information page provides all valuable information for each Officer).

Can I file an anonymous complaint?

As of 2021, Florida law mandates that individuals reporting potential code violations must now provide their name and address to the local jurisdiction before an investigation can commence.

Do I need a permit to conduct a garage sale?

Yes, the Town permits four (4) garage sales per year.

Can I place signs to advertise my garage sale?

Only one (1) sign is allowed to be placed inside the property, the Town’s Code prohibits the placement of signs on the swales, medians, public right-of-ways, sidewalks or trees.

Can I keep my boat parked/stored on my property?

Boats may be parked or stored only in the garage with the garage door fully closed. Boats may be brought to the property for a period of less than 24 hours to clean, load or unload and must be hitched to the vehicle and may not obstruct the sidewalk or public right-of-way.

Can I park or store a commercial vehicle on my property?

Commercial vehicles are prohibited; commercial vehicles may be stored inside the garage with the garage door fully closed. For information on commercial vehicle classifications please contact the Code Compliance Department.

I would like to purchase a property and would like to know if there are any open permits and or code violations, where can I apply for a response?

You may request a Lien Letter, this letter will provide information pertaining to any open or expired permits and any open/pending violations including lien amounts of fines if applicable.

Are pigeons, chickens or livestock permitted?

Harboring pigeons, chickens or livestock is prohibited.

Where do I call if I need to schedule a bulky waste pick-up?

Residents of the Town are eligible to two (2) bulky waste pick-ups per year. You may schedule your pick-up by conveniently calling 311 from your phone (a confirmation number will be provided).

Is parking on the swale area permitted?

Parking of vehicles on the swale area is prohibited between the hours of midnight and 6:00 a.m. Routine overnight inspections are conducted by officers to ensure that the swale areas are free of vehicles.

Where can I call to report a mosquito problem?

You may report mosquito problems by calling 311; you will need to provide the general location of the problem. A Mosquito Control Inspector will investigate and if a problem is detected will schedule treatments.

For immediate release