Grants works in partnership with Departments and Offices to research, compose, edit, and submit Federal, State, Local, and Foundation funding opportunities to support the goals and objectives of the 2025 Strategic Plan.
Additional functions include:
- Serve as Town liaison to grant funding organizations to ensure effective communication throughout the grant process.
- Assist Departments and Offices to execute grant contracts and agreements.
- Provide technical and grant administration support to Departments and Offices.
- Ensure Project Managers maintain fiscal and performance oversight of grant funded programs, projects, and services.
- Provide grant related informational support to the Finance Department to establish and manage fiscal accounts.
- Provide grant related informational support to Procurement for competitive bids and continuing services contracts.
- Compose and submit applicable progress, expenditure, desk monitoring, and close-out grant reporting requirements.
- Assist the Town Manager’s Office with completing legislative appropriation requests to acquire discretionary funding for capital projects.
Please see below list of awards for FY 16-17
- Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant- Countywide (JAGC) for the Town's School Resource Officer Project (OT) in amount of $4,419.
- Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) Grant for the Miami Lakes GREEN 2.0 Project in the amount of $541,494 to construct bike lanes and a landscaped path along NW 146th Street between NW 89th Avenue and NW 87th Avenue
- Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Highway Beautification Grant for the SR 826/NW 154th Street Landscape and Hardscape Improvements Project in the amount of $100,000
- Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant – Direct (2017-JAGD-1913) for the Town’s School Resource Officer Project in the amount of $4,838
- Street Tree Matching /Neat Streets Miami Grant for the Miami Lakes West Lakes Reforestation Project Phase I in the amount of $15,000
- General Appropriations for the Miami Lakes Canal Bank Stabilization of Drainage Canal - Phase II, in the amount of $1,000,000.
- Saris Bike Parking Giveaway-Bike Parking Facilities for Royal Oaks Park Community Center ($800 value)
- Transportation Alternatives Program - Miami Lakes NW 59th Avenue Transportation Improvements Project - $1,000,000
- Transportation Alternatives Program - Miami Lakes NW 79th Court Transportation Improvements Project – $1,000,000
For more information about Miami Lakes grant activity, please contact:
Renée N. Jéan, MPA
Grants Writer and Administrator
(305) 364-6100 x1225